Heather Lepp’s functional porcelain vessels are uncomplicated and direct. Her emphasis is on clarity of form as well as judicious, spontaneous glazing and decoration.
I create functional ceramics with a focus on ergonomics. A concern with isolation in contemporary society facilitated my interest in creating communal and contemplative work. I utilize line and glaze divisions to emphasize form, while small embellishments are meant to invite intimacy. I strive for my work to enhance daily life; to be thoughtful, cheerful, and a joy to live with.
Heather Lepp is an emerging ceramic artist from Winnipeg, Manitoba. Lepp graduated from the University of Manitoba’s School of Art with a Bachelor of Fine Arts Honours Degree in 2016. Since that time, she interned with Marcelina Salazar (Ontario), Peter Brondz (Alaska), Martin Tagseth (Saskatchewan) and is in residence at Medalta (Medicine Hat, Alberta).
2012-2016, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, MB, B.F.A Honours
• 2018 Peter Brondz Pottery, Annual Show and Sale, Bird Creek, AK, USA.
• 2018 Middle Way Cafe, Holiday Pop-up Show, Anchorage, AK.
• 2018 Anchorage Brewing Company, Makers Market, Anchorage, AK.
• 2018 Middle Way Cafe, Pop-up Show, Anchorage, AK.
• 2017 Peter Brondz Pottery Annual Show and Sale, Bird Creek, AK.
• 2017 Winnipeg Art Gallery, For the Love of Craft, Winnipeg, MB.
• 2016 Artscape Wychwood Barns, Fusion Clay & Glass Show, Toronto.
• 2016 ARTlab, B.F.A Graduating Exhibition, Winnipeg.
• 2016 Clifton Studios, Open Studio (Member’s Show). Winnipeg.
• 2016 GOSA Gallery, RedART. Winnipeg.
• 2015 Clifton Studios, Open Studio (Member’s Show). Winnipeg.
• 2015 ARTlab¸ Descendants of Goffman, Winnipeg.
• 2015 Edge Gallery, University of Manitoba Ceramics Club Show.